I am a registered dietitian located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I have my Certificate in Training in Adult Weight Management as well as my Certificate in Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management through the Commission on Dietetic Registration. I became a dietitian due to my interest in food and nutrition as it relates to the health of your body. I enjoy cooking, along with experimenting with new foods and recipes.
I graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in Dietetics from Mount Mary College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2001. My background includes nutrition counseling and practicing Medical Nutrition Therapy in the areas of kidney disease, diabetes, weight management, and heart disease. I have worked extensivly with Renal Dialysis patients, diabetes education clinics, weight loss counseling, and menu planning for school aged children.
The older I get, the more I have found the need to have balance in my own life to maintain my health and weight. I am very excited to help you find this balance as well – while still enjoying the foods you love! To me, diet is a negative word. I do not believe in following a diet. Not too many people are happy to be on a diet and diets usually fail. I strive to work with clients to help them learn to lead a healthy balanced lifestyle, therefore saying goodbye to dieting forever! I am excited to help you find the balance in your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals.
Fun Facts About Me
- My hobbies include reading, gardening, photography, cooking, and downhill skiing.
- I became, in the words of John Bingham, an “adult onset athlete”. At age 35, I decided to try out sports I always wanted to try but never did. I also started running and completed my first full marathon last year!
- I have an 8 year old son and a 6 year old daughter whom I love to try new foods on. Finding ways of boosting the nutritional value of meals at my home, without my children realizing it, is a goal of mine.
- I have been married to my husband, Mark, for 10 years.
- Having been born and raised in the Green Bay area, I am a Green Bay Packer fan!