I grew up in Central Wisconsin where my love for nutrition started in the 5th grade. I pursued my passion by graduating from University of Wisconsin-Stout with a Bachelors of Science in Dietetics. From there I continued on at Viterbo University in the Dietetic Internship Program. I have experience with clinical, one-on-one nutrition counseling, school nutrition, as well as food safety and preparation. I enjoy staying on top of new trends by being a part of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) and other specialized nutrition organizations.
I currently reside in central Wisconsin with my husband, Bryan and 4 children (2 1/2 year old daughter and 9 month old identical triplet boys). I enjoy spending time with my family, gardening, cooking, all sports, reading, and the occasional pizza & movie night.
- I love to cook a wide variety of foods. I also like to modify recipes with my own personal twist.
- I enjoy gardening (except all those pesky weeds – however having the delicious produce in the fall makes it all worthwhile).
- I enjoy reading books by Nicholas Sparks and any Nutrition and/or Fitness books.
- Favorite food: my homemade Margarita Pizza (using fresh basil and tomatoes from the garden), Squash Bisque (in the fall and winter), Guacamole (in the summer) and of course my favorite dessert would be anything with pumpkin or carrot.
- I also enjoy Racquetball, Badmitten, Volleyball, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates and going for walks outside (which are always more enjoyable when the weather is nice).