I love to cook. There’s no doubt about it. The problem is I’m a mom with kids in activities after school and homework so it becomes difficult to get a healthy meal on the table. On busy nights the last thing I want to do is think about chopping and fussing with a lot of ingredients. Sooo, what’s a mom to do? I depend (a lot) on one of my two favorite tricks to get fresh veggies on the table without giving up flavor. Grilling and Roasting. So easy, minimal chopping and no fuss. I call these no recipe cooking ideas because it’s not really a recipe at all. This one takes some time in the oven but very minimal prep work. Give this Roasted Cabbage a try on a busy night. You’ll love the crispy bits!
- 1 small head of cabbage, washed, cored and cut into 4 wedges (you can cut into smaller wedges if you prefer more crispy pieces
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss cabbage wedges evenly in olive oil and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the cabbage wedges for about 35 to 40 minutes or until fork tender and crispy on the edges.