I have been a Registered Dietitian for over 30 years, and I have seen a lot of nutrition fads come and go. I can tell you that success with lasting weight loss is a process that includes healthy eating and lifestyle strategies. I encourage my clients to ditch the strict or fad diets and learn to make lifestyle changes that they can live with! Many of the clients I work with in my private practice struggle with weight loss. I have helped them learn practical strategies that use more of a healthy lifestyle approach, and I would love to be able to do the same for you!
My interest in food and nutrition goes back to the first cooking classes I took in high school home economics classes. I learned that I loved to cook and I haven’t stopped learning about food or cooking ever since! Reading cookbooks is a passion of mine but I almost always change a recipe to make it my own, healthier version. In fact, I have done this so often, that I have published 2 cookbooks for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes!
While I believe that good nutrition is vital to a healthy lifestyle, I think that being able to include the foods you love in a balanced, sensible manner is important too! Learning to eat well isn’t just about losing weight; it’s about trying new foods, eating foods that you love, and finding the right balance to keep your body healthy.
My work as a dietitian has often focused on weight management, however, I also have a specialization in diabetes as a Certified Diabetes Educator. My training as a diabetes educator enables me to work with the unique issues that people with diabetes encounter. Whatever you goals may be, I would be happy to help you develop eating and lifestyle strategies that meet your needs.
I’m looking forward to helping you achieve your goals toward better health and vitality!
- I enjoy gardening and spend much of my free time growing vegetables and herbs
- I have published 2 cookbooks, which are collections of recipes for people with diabetes (and everyone else for that matter!)
- I follow a strict gluten free diet because of Celiac Disease, and I understand very well the challenges that face people with this intolerance!
- I like to spend my early morning time walking, exercising, or doing yoga; it helps my day go well
- I am especially fond of cats and own two rescued cats with unique personalities
- My favorite food is chocolate, as long as it’s dark chocolate!
Want to Work with Gretchen?
Just enter her Registered Dietitian Code when you register for one of our programs
Code #: 3042