Fall is in full swing bringing you those wonderful flavors like pumpkin, squash, apples and pears. Here’s some ideas to find the best flavors for this season along with simple, family friendly recipes.
Make the most of seasonal produce
- 1. PRODUCE SEASONAL Make the Most of REAL LIVING NUTRITION
- 2. It’s a great opportunity to visit your local fresh markets and bring home the crop of the day It’s harvest time! Everyone can benefit from adding more vegetables to their diets, and purchasing produce from local farms is a great way to support your community as well
- 3. ADDING MORE FRUITS & VEGGIES to your diet helps with weight control, as the fiber helps you stay full, thereby preventing you from being hungry as often.
- 4. FALL IS A GREAT SEASON to add more color and nutrients to your meals; apples, pears, peppers, potatoes, and squash abound. Enjoy using whatever the market offers to balance out your meals and snacks
- 5. APPLES & PEARS are available by the bushel, so enjoy these 100 calorie treats. A medium apple or pear provides about 5 grams of fiber (with skin). Pears are delicious and are wonderful additions sliced into a tossed green salad or served with cheese
- 6. HONE YOUR CULINARY SKILLS Find recipes online or get out your favorite cookbook and plan out a week of healthy suppers. Fall vegetables are easy to prepare and some are even served as a meal themselves.