I am a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in public health nutrition. I have been practicing in various settings, mostly clinical, for 6 years. I received my bachelor’s degree in Family, Nutrition and Exercise Science from the City University of New York, Queens College and had my clinical training at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. I also had the pleasure of working on diabetes research studies at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, as well as interning at their diabetes outpatient clinic. During my experiences with clients trying to lose weight I’ve learned one thing for sure: diets do not work! That’s why I’m excited to share the philosophy of this program with you. Achieving good health and being successful at weight management is not about deprivation or quick fixes. It’s about learning to make changes that fit you and your lifestyle… changes that become lasting. That’s not only a lesson I work to instill in my clients but one I’ve had to learn for myself. After years of struggling with constant dieting, avoiding food and worrying about weight I finally realized and believed in the power of balance and moderation.
I grew up in New York- mostly on Long Island, where I still live with my husband, chihuahua Lucy (and baby to be). I love the versatility of Long Island. You can be in Manhattan in the morning and at a farm stand on the east end by afternoon. I spent about two years in Chapel Hill, NC while getting my master’s degree at UNC-Chapel Hill. It was during this time that I found a real appreciation for southern lifestyle and who knows… may make my way back there someday.
I look forward to working with you on your journey toward good health!
- I love the sun, heat and beach. If it were summer all year round, that would be okay with me!
- I started doing Pilates reformer over a year ago and absolutely love it.
- My favorite foods are any that include cheese or chocolate! I also love just about anything off the grill- especially veggies.
- I am an animal lover- but mostly a dog person.
- Aruba is one of my favorite places to vacation.
- My first job was in a bakery and it’s still one of my favorite jobs so far!
Want to Work with Christina?
Just enter her Registered Dietitian Code when you register for one of our programs
Code #: 3041