Weight Loss without Dieting, Change is Good
An 8-Step Program to Looking and Feeling Your Best
Imagine feeling high energy even during the afternoon slump, having more patience, less irritability and generally feeling great… and lose weight at the same time.
We all want to feel our best and be healthy. These things are important at any age. Achieving these results is possible and you don’t have to succumb to overly restrictive diets and gimmicks. Following the Balance Program, working one on one with your dietitian provides a solution so you will see long lasting results and feel your best in a healthy way.
We know that weight gain often creeps up slowly. It happens for a variety of reasons…
- you become more sedentary as we get older
- your metabolism changes
- hormonal changes
- life gets busy with career and family
- difficulty losing baby weight after pregnancies
- emotional/stress eating
- medical issues
You see, gaining weight generally comes down to your lifestyle being out of balance for your unique needs. There are certain things you can’t change like genetics or medical issues, but there are many other things you can change. When you are out of balance it leads to:
- increased calorie intake
- decreased metabolism
- unstable blood sugar
- increased food cravings
- increased appetite
- mood swings
- stress and increased stress hormones
- increased emotional eating
These are all things that contribute to weight gain or maintaining an undesirably high weight.
When you are in balance you:
- feel satisfied throughout the day with fewer or no food cravings
- enjoy all foods in a balanced way
- experience better moods
- stabilize blood sugar
- normalize stress hormones
- optimize your metabolic rate
which all result in weight loss and/or maintaining a desirable weight.
We want to share with you strategies and tools to help you make lifestyle changes so you can find your way to being in balance to lose weight and keep it off. We don’t just look at diet and exercise but all aspects of your lifestyle that can keep you stuck.
Good Bye Diets, Hello Lifestyle Changes
The times of “going on a diet” are over. Thank goodness! This has truly proven to be an unsuccessful approach and 95% of dieters regain their weight back. Why? Traditional weight loss diets provide short term fixes. When people stop dieting, they gain the weight back. To make matters worse, crash diets actually cause you to gain more body fat and decrease your metabolism. This means that each time you “stop and start dieting,” it gets harder and harder to lose weight and easier to gain weight. The key to success is to create lifestyle changes that you can live with. It is a shift from your old way of responding to food to the new you – and we can help you get there!
Wouldn’t it be great to get professional guidance and coaching without all the judgement? The dieting world expects you to be perfect. We don’t. We know that challenges and setbacks occur as part of the process.
What kinds of challenges? Life! You get busy, lose focus, and hold on to your old, comfortable habits. It takes more than just counting and following a plan to overcome some obstacles.
The shift from old habits to new habits is possible and it can also happen for you…Our process is unique
The unique thing about our process is you work regularly with your own dietitian who will help you identify the areas where you are in balance and those that are out of balance. You receive regular coaching and guidance every week to help you make changes to reach your weight loss goals.
If you are looking for:
- the convenience, privacy and flexibility of an online service.
- simple skills that you can easily adapt into your lifestyle that will promote weight loss.
- behavior modification strategies to help you get through obstacles so you can reach long term results.
- professional advice and coaching that empowers you to move forward instead of judging your setbacks.
- a program that encourages lifestyle changes, working on individual goals rather than following a diet.
- a way to manage your weight without a lifetime of counting, restricting or obsessing about food.
Then you’ve come to the right place. At Real Living Nutrition, we practice evidence based guidelines and follow research of those who have lost weight and kept it off. We have compiled all this information with personal interaction and regular coaching.
Here’s What you Get
Detailed Balance Assessment
Your Registered Dietitian provides you a two- to three-page report including…
- A summary of where you are now showing areas that are in balance and those that are not. Those areas that are out of balance may contribute to weight gain, food cravings, low energy, high blood sugar or other negative outcomes.
- A diet makeover to show you step by step how to incorporate the recommended changes.
- Customized action plan based on your dietitian’s recommendations so you can start to make changes immediately.
- Personal goal development. Your health goals are totally different than someone else’s. Your dietitian will work with you to determine how to proceed in a way that makes practical sense for you and gets you real results.
Nine E-coaching Sessions
Your dietitian answers your questions, provides personal attention and support regarding your progress and challenges.
- Regular feedback, tips and encouragement. Get all your questions answered as well as, getting a thorough review of your food records and progress reports with each module. (submitting food records is optional).
- Privacy. Your online sessions will be conducted in the privacy of your own membership setting. It’s confidential and only shared between you and your dietitian. No private information is exchanged via email.
- Stability. To help you reach your goals, you’ll work with the same dietitian throughout the program so you build a relationship. Your dietitian is dedicated to your success.
I am very pleased with the balance program. My dietitian was extremely supportive and encouraging. I have learned a brand new way of healthy eating for my family and myself. Thanks for all your help and for providing me with something I can actually be successful with to be healthy. I’ve lost 47 lbs, and just had blood work that came out perfect. Thank God!, and thanks to my dietitian Sandra. She’s the best. I thank God this came my way, it saved my life for sure.
– Eileen D.
Get our online workbook divided into 8 modules. Topics Include:
- Interactive goal building. Learn to change habits so you can reach long-term success.
- Mediterranean meal planning guide giving you our step by step process for creating balanced meals.
- Interactive grocery tour to show you what foods to choose every day, once in awhile and on special occasions. No foods are off limit.
- Healthy snacking and how to manage food cravings.
- Principles of a Mediterranean lifestyle that go hand in hand with diet
- Exercise support. Create a program that works for you.
- Whole foods most of the time. Learn how to transition to a Mediterranean lifestyle in a way that works for you.
- How to use convenient foods in a healthy way.
Free Tools and Resources
All members get access to our tools area for cool guides and digital tools to help you live your best
Weekly recipes, cooking tips and nutrition news
Get weekly inspiration delivered to your email!
Fresh Start Cookbook and Pantry Guide
Healthy recipes, quick meal ideas and important choices for stocking your pantry
Goals tracker, virtual grocery tour…and more.
Nutrition and Exercise Guides
Exercise demos, meal planning guides, cooking how-to’s and more!
I really valued the weekly e-coaching; My dietitian’s suggestions and feedback are awesome. Not only does she have extensive knowledge about health and nutrition, but she really understands the triggers and pitfalls I face, and she gave me practical approaches for dealing with them. Plus it’s convenient to submit my questions or read my feedback at any hour of the day. I really love that this program has helped me to become my healthiest self ever!
– Bridget A.