Welcome to your personal Real Living Nutrition Program! I am pleased to be helping you achieve your goals and look forward to our work together. First, let me tell you a bit about myself.
My colleagues and customers tell me that I am personable, easy to talk to and have great compassion for them and their needs. My dedication to keeping up to date with current nutrition and health knowledge supports me as I strive to provide the best care for all my clients. This online service is an exciting one for me, in that it will now allow me to use my interpersonal skills and professional abilities to reach clients such as you.
My Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor of Science, Nutrition Science- University of California, Davis-1985
- American Dietetic Association Dietetic Internship- Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas-1986
- Masters of Business Administration-Marketing, University of Colorado-1995
- Certificate of Adult Weight Management- American Dietetic Association-2004
I have worked in many areas of dietetics including hospital work, outpatient nutrition prevention clinics, worksite wellness programs, school nutrition education and private practice. Whether treating those with acute illness, providing nutrition therapy to prevent chronic disease from progressing, or giving education and support to those working on personal weight management or health goals, I am always encouraging my clients to see the big picture, be realistic and practical so their actions will be effective for the long term.
A Personal Story
I grew up in a traditional Italian family that loved food and used family celebrations and holidays to appreciate it. (Still do!) My dad had a huge garden/vineyard, made wine and got us out there to pull weeds, rake, water, and harvest it all. My mom encouraged us to try at least two bites of everything that came out of it. As a kid, I drew the line at kohlrabi, despite the many ways she tried to prepare it. I have my own family and garden now as well as get a share of a local farmer’s crop each week. At the first farm pick up…there it was….kohlrabi- my stomach churned…. but then my daughter with an excited smile on her face, asked me, “Mommy, what does it taste like?” Rising to the occasion, as would any mom, and certainly as an RD, I showed some enthusiasm for this new-to-her-crop and we put it in our basket to go home… When we tasted it that fall night, my taste buds were stunned and my brain very confused! This vegetable was REALLY good! Everyone loved it! It is now one of our family favorites. Lessons learned: taste buds really do change, and we can overcome old food habits and ideas when we put our mind to it!
Garden work-for me now and as a child, can at times be a chore, but it has taught me about physical activity and other benefits that I did not appreciate in my younger years. Life’s various stages have forced me to find new strategies for keeping active, but in the end, I find myself seeking it out and learning to work it in with my daily pressures and current life situation.
My Approach with You
Overall life balance is what I strive for both personally and professionally. As we work together, I will learn some of your life story, as well as the challenges you face. Then, I will review your habits, provide appropriate tools and strategies and encourage new experiences to assist you in achieving your goals. I am honored to be of service to you now and will help you take the right steps for you! Let’s get started!
- I love cookies and eat them nearly every day! My grandmother taught me to make, cut out and bake a wide variety of cookies. I am working on my own cookie cutter collection that will soon rival hers, which at one time numbered nearly 500!
- I am a Girl Scout leader for both my daughters’ troops- they keep me laughing, learning and pondering life’s experiences everyday.
- In the spirit of aging well, I decided years ago that I would do or learn something new and novel every year. Last year it was making wine with my dad’s old wine press. This year…..who knows, the possibilities are endless.
Want to Work with Beth?
Just enter her Registered Dietitian Code when you register for one of our programs
Code #: 3040